March 31, 2013

My Fuji X-Pro2, X-E2 Wish List (Part 2)

This is a continuation of my previous Fuji X-Pro2 and X-E2 wish list post. I'm continually thinking of more things to add to my wish list for the next Fuji cameras as I get to know my new Fuji X-E1 better. It's a great camera, but still lacking what I think are key features.

Better Grip on the X-E2 (Not necessarily the X-Pro2)

I really enjoy the size of my Fuji X-E1 but the grip is somewhat awkward. It's not "bad", but it could be improved. The area where the fingers rest could go out just a bit and the thumb rest could be made similar to the Olympus OMD-EM5. I'd love to use the optional accessory grip for the Fuji X-E1, but added grips are just too inconvenient.

Parameters for Auto Shutter Speed on the Fuji X-Pro2, X-E2

Because the setting of the Fuji cameras are controlled with manual (older layout) dials vs the quick dials that you normally get with a DSLR, it makes it harder to change on the go. I find that I'm using Auto setting in many situations and, for the most part, they work well. The shutter speed, however, is always quite low when I allow the Fuji X-E1 to set it for me. I'd like the ability to set a minimum shutter speed even if it means having to bump up the ISO.

High Speed Sync Flash on the Fuji X-Pro2, X-E2

High Speed Sync is a feature that I'm now using with my Canon 5D Mark II and wirless flashes and is a feature that I would love to see come to the Fuji X-Pro2 and X-E2. It would make for a killer studio/location portrait camera for those that like using external speedlights.

Tilt/Swivel LCD on the Fuji X-Pro2 and X-E2

Lastly, it would be great i the X-Pro2 and X-E2 could incorporate a nice tilt and swivel LCD screen on the back. When I'm shooting on the streets, I often find it faster to use the LCD to compose my shots. Having the flexibility of a tilt/swivel screen will allow for more shooting techniques like shooting from the hip (with good composition) and shooting while holding the camera above eye level.

That's all I can think of for now. I keep thinking of new things to add to my wish list so I'll probably keep this series going. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Priscilla...

    You are doing an incredible job buddy. Regards from Hotel Charles de Gaulle. Keep together with the great do the job....

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] This is a continuation of my Fuji X-Pro2, X-E2 wish list series. You can read part 1 here and part 2 here.  [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please CAMCRUNCH help Fujifilm realize that there are Fuji-X owners that want Pixel Mapping!!! Like Olympus and Canon have on their systems.

    ReplyDelete