March 28, 2013

Fuji X-E1 Recommended Accessories



I've owned the Fuji X-E1 for about 3 weeks now and there are some things that I've bought to make the experience of shooting with the camera a lot better. I thought I'd share these 3 things with you guys who are planning on purchasing a Fuji X-E1 or already own one.Here are my top 3 recommended accessories for the Fuji X-E1:


Fast SD Card for Fuji X-E1


[caption id="attachment_247" align="aligncenter" width="614"]Sandisk Extreme Pro SD Card Sandisk Extreme Pro SD Card[/caption]

The first thing that I noticed when shooting with the Fuji X-E1 was that the write speeds weren't that great, especially when shooting in RAW. I did a little bit or research and found out that all Class 10 SD cards aren't built the same. The Class 10 specification is a minimum specification, but different variants can be faster than others. I had a Class 10 Transcend SD card was was rated at 20 MBps, which wasn't fast enough for me. I decided to spend a little and buy a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MBps SD card and there is a dramatic speed increase in writing data to the card.

Extra Batteries for Fuji X-E1


[caption id="attachment_246" align="aligncenter" width="614"]Fuji X-E1 Third Party Battery Fuji X-E1 Third Party Battery[/caption]

Because the Fuji X-E1 does not have an optical viewfinder, the EVF or rear LCD always have to be turned on when you're using it. This makes the Fuji X-E1 a battery hogging monster. I found that I could only shoot 300-400 photos at a time, and even less when I did a bit of video. I found a lot of third party batteries for the Fuji X-E1 that even had a higher capacity than the original. They were a lot cheaper too. I bought 2 spare batteries for the Fuji X-E1 on Amazon and I'm currently in the process of testing their reliability. So far, so good. I recommend buying extra batteries for those long trips or just incase you forget to charge your batteries at night.

BlackRapid Metro Camera Strap for Fuji X-E1


[caption id="attachment_245" align="aligncenter" width="614"]BlackRapid Metro Camera Strap BlackRapid Metro Camera Strap[/caption]

The last accessory that I recommend to Fuji X-E1 users is the BlackRapid Metro camera strap (Full review here). I was deciding between a nice classic looking leather strap or a more modern sling style strap and ended up with the latter. I like the BlackrRapid Metro strap because of its slim form factor, comfort and ease of use. The camera does not get in the way when you're walking and taking photos and it feels very secure.

Those are my top three accessories for the Fuji X-E! Let me know what your favorite camera accessories are!

1 comment:

  1. [...] also wrote a full post where I go in depth on the accessoies that I recommend for the Fujifim X-E1. In short, you’ll want a nice neck/sling strap. I recommend the BlackRapid Metro sling style [...]

    ReplyDelete