April 6, 2013

My Fujifilm X-Pro2, X-E2 Wish List (Part 3)

This is a continuation of my Fuji X-Pro2, X-E2 wish list series. You can read part 1 here and part 2 here. 

Quieter Shutter on the Fujifilm X-Pro2 and X-E2

The sutter sound on the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and X-E1 are definitely much quieter than that of your average DSLR because of the lack of a mirror slap, but it is still very audible in quieter situations. I don't think it's possible to get the shutter to sound as soft as the Fuji X100s because the X100s uses a very quiet leaf shutter, but an improved quieter shutter would definitely be a welcomed addition.

Weather Sealing on the Fujifilm X-Pro2 and X-E2

I was surprised that the Fujifilm X-Pro1 wasn't announced with weather sealing. For a camera that is aimed towards street shooters (and one that is quite pricey), I would have hoped that it would have had at least a little bit of protection for rough weather. Weather sealing would be a great addition to the next generation Fuji X series cameras.

Wi-Fi on the Fujifilm X-Pro2 and X-E2

The way people present their photography is changing rapidly and I think that cameras have to change as well to fit this. One way in which photography is changing is the rapid rate at which photography is uploaded to the web. I think that Wi-Fi would be a great addition to the Fuji X-Pro2 and X-E2 for those that need to get there photos on the web as quick as possible. I see this feature being advantageous to pro photojournalists who need their photographs to be seen right away as well as amateurs that like to share their photos on the web with ease.

Built-in ND Filters on the Fujifilm X-Pro2 and X-E2

The Fuji X100s has built-in ND filters which allow for versatility in terms of aperture and DoF in brighter situations. I'm not quite sure if it is technologically possible but it would make the Fuji X-Pro2 and X-E2 more versatile shooters in brighter conditions. I'd personally love it for use with off-camera flashes.

So that's it guys. This is part 3 of my Fujifilm X-Pro2 and X-E2 wish list! Still thinking of new things every day so a part 4 might come sooner than you think! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. [...] The Fuji X-E1 has some ways to go before it becomes a perfect camera, but Fuji are definitely on the right track. I’ve writen 3 posts (and counting) on the things that I want to see on the next generation of Fuji X cameras. You can read them here (Part 1), here (Part 2) and here (Part 3). [...]

    ReplyDelete