April 19, 2013

BlackRapid Metro Sling Strap Reivew

I stumbled upon the BlackRapid Metro camera strap when I was looking for a strap for my Fujifilm X-E1. I wasn't happy with the supplied camera strap so I looked for an alternative that was comfortable, sleek and sturdy. After a lot of searching, I ended up buying the BlackRapid Metro camera strap.

The BlackRapid Metro strap was created by BlackRapid for the city goer. It is based on the same sling style design that BlackRapid is famous for, but has a more compact and sleek and unobtrusive looking design. This strap is perfect for photographers that use compact camera systems, point-and-shoot cameras or rangefinder type cameras.


In use, the BlackRapid Metro camera strap is very comfortable. I've used it with my Fujifilm X-E1, Leica M3 and even my Canon 5D Mark II and it has worked well for all three cameras. The strap is adjustable, allowing you to keep the camera at a distance where it feels natural for you to pick up. There are what I call "limiters" that allow you to keep the camera movement to a minimum when you're moving quickly and don't want the camera to bounce around.

The BlackRapid Metro camera strap is also very stylish. I was originally planning to buy a nice leather camera strap to go with my Leica M3 and Fujifim X-E1, but the Metro actually looks very good with my cameras. BlackRapid has done a really nice job with merging function and design.

Overall, I am very happy with the BlackRapid Metro camera strap. The Metro strap is secure, comfortable, durable, stylish and flexible. What else would you want from a camera strap? I highly recommend the BlackRapid Metro strap!


*Support CamCrunch*

If you found our information useful, consider purchasing your products using our links to Amazon. We get a little commission and you don't have to spend any extra money. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. [...] last accessory that I recommend to Fuji X-E1 users is the BlackRapid Metro camera strap (Full review here). I was deciding between a nice classic looking leather strap or a more modern sling style strap [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Nico. The BlackRapid Metro is a very stylish and highly functional camera strap. It takes the weight off your neck (conventional camera strap) and puts it on your shoulder. This is much more comfortable, especially when you use larger equipment. Also, the BlackRapid strap makes it very easy to grab your camera and take a picture without the strap getting in your way. I had an earlier BackRapid model (Classic RS-4), but I recommend this new Metro one. It's smaller and has less padding then the Classic model, but I find it very comfortable with a larger camera (Nikon D600) and lens (AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G). It folds up nice and small so you can put it in your pocket or in a small compartment of your camera bag. I think it's the perfect camera strap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the BlackRapid Metro. It's a very good camera strap. There are several alternatives. Of course the cheap Chinese copies and some more complex designs with a plate you can put under your camera. This plate allows the use of a tripod without having to remove the connector for your camera strap. Personally, I like to keep things as small and simple as possible. That's why I chose the Metro for my camera. Also, I don't need steel wires in my camera strap. I have insurance and anyone who tries to take my camera from me will get a severe beating. I never carry anything expensive when I'm close to very poor and/or unsocial people anyway. They don't have the intellect or perseverance to help themselves.

    ReplyDelete